Gingham has been popping up a lot lately. We saw it in Christopher Kane’s Spring 2010 runway show and on the models of Christian Dior and Isaac Mizrahi’s Resort 2011 collections.
The pattern always reminds me of summer picnics and lazy afternoons and I’m pretty excited about rocking some gingham this summer. Here are a few options for the upcoming summer months that have me swooning. And they are all under $100!
- Gingham Shorts from Aeropostale, $19.75, I think these shorts are so adorable. And the price is great! I can just imagine someone wearing them while riding a bicycle with a basket along a beachy boardwalk.
- Gingham Button-Down Shirt from J. Crew, $70, I like the easy breezy feel of this shirt. This is something you can throw on with boyfriend jeans or cut-offs to create an easy weekend look. I also like that its made out of a light weight cotton, which is an added bonus since the summers in DC can be unbearably hot.
- Gingham Flip Flop from Tory Burch, $45, The gingham pattern adds a nice touch to a summer staple.
- Scoop Back Dress by Annie Greenabelle, $61, I love everything about this dress. The pockets, the low scooped back, the big fluffy bow! It’s all so girly and summery. This would be a perfect pick for an outdoor picnic and a great item to rock on the 4th of July.
- Ramona Gingham Shirt from dELiAs, $29.50, I like the clean tailoring of this shirt, which gives it almost a masculine feel but the gingham keeps it decidedly feminine.
- Gingham Long Frame Purse, $15, Just adorable.