So overall I feel like I can safely call my holiday cocktail party a success! After weeks of fretting and prepping, everything came together beautifully and a wonderful time was had by all. A few lessons were learned along the way that I would like to share with anyone who is planning to throw a holiday party this year or in the future.
1. Everyone will drink the signature cocktails before the wine and beer. So make sure you have enough mixers/ingredients on hand (a lesson I learned the hard way).
2. You can never have too much toilet paper or too many trash bags.
3. Its nearly impossible to find a cab company that will take reservations between the hours of 8:00 pm and 2:00 am on Saturdays.
4. Despite what some of my guests might have said at the start of the evening, people really do like party games.
5. The holiday channels on Pandora really can’t be beat.
I highly recommend Mind Games: A Box of Psychological Play for your next party 🙂
My friend Katie made amazing champagne cupcakes and red velvet cakes balls.