Now that I’ve moved into a new place and am more or less settled in, my search for new and unique pieces of furniture to fill the holes has begun. I am so in love with the Delaney Rattan Bar Cart from Pottery Barn! I love the look and feel and functionality of the piece. It would make a wonderful addition to my new space, however at around $350 it is a little out of my pauper price range. So the hunt begins! I am in search of a chic, functional, affordable piece that will hold all my glasses, booze and general bar accessories. If you know if any good sites or resources, please let me know 🙂
So overall I feel like I can safely call my holiday cocktail party a success! After weeks of fretting and prepping, everything came together beautifully and a wonderful time was had by all. A few lessons were learned along the way that I would like to share with anyone who is planning to throw a holiday party this year or in the future.
1. Everyone will drink the signature cocktails before the wine and beer. So make sure you have enough mixers/ingredients on hand (a lesson I learned the hard way).
2. You can never have too much toilet paper or too many trash bags.
3. Its nearly impossible to find a cab company that will take reservations between the hours of 8:00 pm and 2:00 am on Saturdays.
4. Despite what some of my guests might have said at the start of the evening, people really do like party games.
5. The holiday channels on Pandora really can’t be beat.
I highly recommend Mind Games: A Box of Psychological Play for your next party 🙂
My friend Katie made amazing champagne cupcakes and red velvet cakes balls.
In January, I moved into a new apartment and have since been on the hunt for the perfect look and color scheme for my living room. I stumbled upon this image in Real Simple: The Organized Home and became instantly inspired…
Real Simple: The Organized Home
I love the room’s warmth, the colors, the patterns and the contemporary feel. The tangerine and rosy pink hues soften the clean lines of the furnishings and give the space an elegant yet homey feel. As I’ve continued my search for the perfect room, I’ve come across a few other spaces that I find absolutely delightful. These rooms also include the same inspiring tangerine and tea rose color palettes.
Candace Bushnell’s Living Room, from So Chic: Glamorous Lives, Stylish Spaces by Margaret Russell and the Editors of ELLE DECOR